FARES ( Starting July 1, 2023)
- $3 per trip, and an additional $1 per accompanying passenger, up to two additional passengers (maximum total of three passengers per trip).
- Passengers must pay using the DCNC Mobile App, which requires a credit or debit card on file in-app at the time of booking. Payments (cash/card) will not be allowed on board.
RIDE CANCELLATIONS / NO SHOWS
- Users that Cancel a trip more than five minutes after booking will be subject to a $1.50 late cancellation penalty fee.
- Users that are No-Shows upon arrival of the DCNC vehicle (after a three-minute waiting period) will be subject to a $3 penalty fee. A no-show occurs when a user fails to appear to board the vehicle for a scheduled trip within three minutes of vehicle arrival.
- Those who attempt to use the service without payment will be permanently suspended from using the service.
- Users can dispute a cancellation or no-show fee within 24 hours of the booked trip. In the app, click Contact Us, and then email. Include name, date and time of booked ride, pick up and drop-off locations, phone number, and reason for the dispute. Allow 7 to 10 business days for any refund adjustments.
- Cleaning fees for users that disrupt regular service after causing a significant mess in the vehicle.
- $75 – extensive liquid and smelly messes inside the vehicle, including bodily fluids and wet food (such as foods that have sauces/broth that have a strong smell)
- $35 – significant staining liquid messes and sticky materials inside the vehicle, such as coffee, soda, grease from food, etc.
- $10 – small amounts of liquid spills that stain, such as drops of coffee, soda, grease from food, etc.
DC Neighborhood Connect (DCNC) reserves the right to permanently ban customers in extreme cases such as physical or verbal assault, carrying weapons, making threats, illegal activity, or repeated disobeying of rider rules. DCNC will consider other violations with supporting evidence on a case-by-case basis to protect driver and passenger safety.
Customers may be temporarily suspended if any of the following actions occur:
- Intentionally providing incorrect information during registration or during the booking reservation process, such as providing an incorrect first or last name, address, phone number, or number of passengers. Drivers reserve the right to ask for passenger names upon pick up to verify the person riding the van is the same person on the booking.
- Use of abusive language or gestures against operators, dispatchers, drivers, DFHV staff, stakeholders, or other passengers.
- Conducting inappropriate or illegal actions within a van, i.e. drinking alcohol, ingesting drugs, littering in the vehicle, or smoking.
- Violating rules displayed in the van (no food or drinks, riders must be 16+ or accompanied by adult)
- Repeated No Shows or Late Cancellation (3 in one week = suspension). A late cancellation is when a rider cancels a ride 5 minutes after booking. Refer to Schedule of Suspensions.
SCHEDULE OF SUSPENSIONS
Upon first violation, a passenger will receive a warning, unless the violation warrants a permanent ban.
- SECOND VIOLATION The customer receives a 7-day (1-week) suspension.
- THIRD VIOLATION The customer receives a 14-day (2-week) suspension.
- FOURTH VIOLATION The customer receives a 21-day (3-week) suspension, with a recommendation to be suspended from the program until the end of the calendar year.
All bags must be able to fit securely on lap or underneath your seat, and not disturb any other passenger’s space. The passenger is allowed 3 personal sized bags, such as small backpacks, purses and tote bags, and plastic or paper shopping bags.
Trunk space is reserved only for strollers, walkers, rollators, and any mobility devices. Trunk space will not be used for any baggage, including luggage, shopping bags, or other items not listed above.
SERVICE MAY BE REFUSED IF
- Number of incorrect passengers was booked
- If a customer is threatening or poses a risk to the driver and passengers.
- Violating baggage rule
- Passenger is not 16+
- Passenger has an animal or pet other than a service animal or small animal securely enclosed in a designated carrier.